Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tour de Fleece

It's TdF time again. I just want to do a quick post about what I've done so far. First, I missed the first day of the tour (Sat, June 29) because I was camping and thought I packed my spindle but then I couldn't find it. So I had to miss that day. We came back Sunday so I was able to spin on my wheel. I finished plying an orange wool blend that I dyed a while ago but spun for the Fat Squirrel Speaks orange-along.
Yesterday I split this fiber:

 
into different groups according to shades and started spinning the lightest, yellowish color first. This was my TDF progress for Monday 7/1:

 Let me just say that this green is definitely not my favorite color. I got it from Woolgatherings in a Spooky Seconds package so you don't know what colors you're going to get. I'm on the Woolgatherings TDF team so I decided to spin her fiber next but this one is the one I like the least. It's merino and  OMG it drafts and spins like a dream! I absolutely love it.

and shhhh...even though I'm still in school, I joined her club.I almost did the luxury one but I'll add that after I graduate and get another job!

Anyways, I'm about to settle down and watch some podcasts and spin for today. Hope to update again with my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!