Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spinning since the end of the semester

I realize that I've been using this blog as part of signing in for contests and stuff for cardmaking but I don't have any cards on here that I've made! I mean, there's only about 7 of them but still. I like the ones I made for mother's day (and didn't give out-procrastination to the max!). So I'll have to remember to start taking decent photos of them to post. I do have some spinning and dyeing to share.

This is my latest spin. It's 4 oz, 420 yards of 60% Merino 40% Bamboo from the Sweet Sheep that I got in a destash on Ravelry.
DSC_0076DSC_0072 These were taken prebath and thwacking. I finished it up yesterday morning. I wish I'd waited to finish plying it until today so it could count towards my Stash Dash for the Knit Girllls challenge. Oh well.

Now this was also from a destash. It's falkland from Mandelinn Knits and Spins. I got 558 YARDS!!! Yay! That's crazy. It's my largest yardage ever! FROM 4 OZ!! It did take forever to spin though. I'm always shocked now when I get something over 400 yards. I was definitely underestimating how thin yarn actually is. Which is weird considering how often I knit with fingering weight yarn.


DSC_0205
DSC_0204 

I have no idea what I'm going to spin next, as usual. I'm getting into my precious stuff now. I may spin one of the tops I dyed. I'll show those in the next post.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Remember the actual cause for the holiday and always give thanks.

 See you later for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!