Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New yarn!

       I finished some yarn last week! I love it! I decided to do a single ply since I only had 2 oz. of the fiber. I usually try not to spin special fiber (vacation, or more luxurious fibers) but I've been really spinning down the fibers that I don't like as much as others so I decided to reward myself. I got about 338 yards of a fingering weight. It's Merino/Silk in the Acid Rain colorway from the Play at Life Fibers etsy shop. She has super fast shipping and I haven't been disappointed in her fibers yet! I don't know what I'm going to knit with it yet because it still has to be washed and thwacked. It has really long color repeats as well. This was a good fiber to practice spinning singles on. It was only my second time spinning singles. 

      I have been doing a lot of knitting (instead of studying!) but everything has to be blocked in order to look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!